Janette Gray, M.D.
Medical Director and Founder
Internal Medicine and Bio-Identical Hormone Therapies
Dr. Janette Gray’s Philosophy
“I believe the body has a profound ability to heal itself, combining conventional and natural remedies with education and prevention truly is the best medicine. The integrative holistic approach to medicine supports my philosophy by embracing both practices, both based in science. As the founder of CHWB, my goal has always been building a practice that emphasizes the patient-provider partnership, and the belief that health is more than the absence of disease.”
Learn more about Dr. Janette’s Vision & Promise:
What Makes Dr. Gray Different
Dr. Gray is commonly referred to among her peers as a ‘Healthy Aging Specialist’. Her holistic approach and restorative, anti-aging philosophy can help bring you back to the healthy balance required for a more satisfying and active lifestyle. Dr. Gray’s vision of healthcare and the desire to offer patients the best of mainstream medicine complemented by a deeper holistic approach is the golden thread running through her practice directly to her patients.
Dr. Gray’s vision has been a pioneering model for integrative medical practices not just in San Diego, but also across the Western United States.
Benefits of a Healthy Aging Approach to your Health
We begin to notice signs of aging such as difficulty keeping weight off, less energy, difficulty sleeping, a decreasing sex drive, less focus, mood swings, etc. All of these symptoms can be correlated with declining levels of estrogen, progesterone, testosterone and other hormones like thyroid and DHEA in both women and men.
Interpretation of hormone levels, and what is optimal, can be very different between a physician of a strictly western model of medicine versus that of a healthy aging physician.
Symptoms relieved by a healthy aging program include, but are not limited to:
- Weight gain
- Difficulty concentrating
- Difficulty falling or staying asleep
- Decreased sex drive
- Fatigue or loss of energy
- Erectile Dysfunction
- Foggy thinking or memory problems
- Panic attacks or anxiety
- Irritability or depression
- Hot Flashes or night sweats
- Changes in menstrual frequency
- Feelings of being overwhelmed or confused
- Urinary Incontinence
- Vaginal Dryness
- Thinning hair or dry skin
University of California, San Francisco
Scripps Clinic and Research Foundation
University of California, San Diego
Clinical Expertise Areas
Diplomate of the American Board of Integrative Holistic Medicine
Awards & Recognition
- 2002 Janette Gray “40 Under Forty” SD Metropolitan Magazine
- 2004 “Women Who Mean Business” Award
- 2005, 2006, 2007 Women’s Entrepreneurial Award Recognizing the Top 50 Women Owned Businesses in San Diego
- 2007 San Diego’s Health Care Champion Awards Finalist
- 2006, 2008 San Diego’s 100 Fastest Growing Privately Held Companies
- California Medical Association
- San Diego County Medical Association
- American Medical Association
- Greater San Diego Business Association (GSDBA)
- San Diego Employers Association
- Hillcrest Association
- University Club
- San Diego Pride
Learn more about our team of doctors here.