What to Expect
The Center for Health and Wellbeing Promise
The CHWB is an integrative health center. We combine the best of modern medicine with complementary & alternative modalities. It is our goal to optimize your health in the most holistic manner possible. In order for us to deliver this level of care, we have created a healing environment where all the services are condensed under one roof. As a patient of The Center for Health and Wellbeing, you can expect the best level of holistic medical services in all of San Diego. Below are ten principles we conduct our services by:
Ten Principles of Patient Care
- First do no harm; utilize the most natural, least invasive, and least toxic treatment possible.
- Identify and treat the cause; use the symptoms of disease as clues to identify and treat the underlying causes of illness.
- The healing powers of nature; embrace the body’s inherent ability to heal itself.
- Treat the whole person; approach the body as an integrated whole which includes mind, body, and spirit.
- Doctor as partner; collaborate with your patients, help guide them and personalize their journey to optimal health.
- Doctor as teacher; educate patient on lifestyle changes to achieve and maintain optimal health.
- Prevention; focus on promoting health & wellness now as a way of preventing disease later.
- Patient-centered healing; personalize care because it’s about the patient!
- Create a healing environment; provide a calm sanctuary for the patient that both heals and models a healing environment that assists optimal health & wellbeing.
- Embody a caring approach; treat the patient in a loving way which in itself is a very powerful healing force.
What is Integrative and Alternative Health Care?
Integrative Medicine holistically embraces conventional medicine and complementary therapies that are based in science. It focuses on the whole person – body, mind, and spirit – with a strong emphasis on the patient/provider partnership. The integrative philosophy believes that health is more than the absence of disease, a person is more that their symptoms, healing requires a whole-person approach and empowered patients make long-term and lasting changes that support healing and optimum health.
CHWB’s Core Values
As a patient of The Center for Health and Wellbeing, you will be treated with the utmost respect and compassion. Here are the core values we treat by:
- A Healing Environment
- A Caring Team of Professionals
- A Partner in your Optimal Health
- The Quality of Care you Deserve
How to Get Started
To become a patient of the Center for Health and Wellbeing, please call us at (619) 814-5500 or click here to request an appointment. Please read through our What You Can Expect document for other important information and fill out the new patient forms before your visit.