We are excited to announce that we are now offering Platelet Rich Plasma facials, also known as the “Vampire Facial.” PRP facials are an all-natural rejuvenation treatment that may help improve the appearance of fine lines, reduction of pores and acne and/or surgical scars when accompanied with microneedling. It may also help improve the skin’s texture, tone, and color by boosting collagen production and helping your skin repair damaged tissue, by regenerating new, healthy tissue.
How does it work?
The microneedling device creates thousands of controlled micro-injuries to initiate the skin’s natural wound repair process by causing physical trauma. This trauma prompts the derma, a deeper layer of skin, to rebuild. PRP treatment uses plasma taken from your blood and is applied directly after the treatment, promoting quicker healing while getting deep into the skin without injecting it. The plasma contains several different growth factors that have multiple functions that stimulate cellular regeneration.
What to expect from your treatment
As you consider microneedling with PRP, here is what you might expect from the process:
- You will want to arrive 60 minutes prior to your appointment to have your blood drawn and prepped for your PRP facial. During the process your blood is spun in a centrifuge to isolate the human growth factors
- Your face will then be numbed with a topical numbing cream 30-40 minutes before the treatment so that you’re completely comfortable
- The treatment will last 45 minutes
- Your skin may feel tight afterwards and be red to pink for 1 to 3 days
- Ideal results are typically achieved after multiple sessions, however, most patients report improvement after the first procedure. For the best results, we recommend patients schedule 3 treatments 4-6 weeks apart
To learn more about microneedling, or to determine whether you’re a good candidate, we invite you to call us today and schedule an appointment.