Dr. Callison L.Ac
Acupuncture & Traditional Chinese Medicine
Dr. Callison’s Philosophy
“The acupuncture needle is just a simple tool. It’s not adding anything to the body or taking anything away. It’s like a key. Our job is to pick the right locks to open. Chinese Medicine works by cueing the body to heal itself and most people have the capacity to do exactly that. This goes to show that the potential to heal is already within you; with a little push in the right direction great change can be achieved.”
What Makes Dr. Callison Different
Tyler received his education at Pacific College of Health and Science where he completed his Doctorate of Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine. In this time he also completed an extracurricular internship following the treatment of cancer patients using integrative medicine. Post-doctorally he is undergoing a specialty certification in Sports Medicine Acupuncture and hopes to use his knowledge to treat a wide variety of ailments, both external and internal. He has a particular passion for the treatment of traumatic injury and peri-operative care.
From a young age, Tyler has been an avid surfer. This has helped him develop a keen understanding of how the body adapts to movement and injury. He knows how important it is for someone to get quickly recover and return to the activities they love. Tyler has family roots in medicine, coming from two parents who practice acupuncture and he has always been a healer at heart.
Areas of Emphasis
- Preoperative and Postoperative care
- Acute and Chronic Injury
- Chemotherapy side-effect symptom management
- Digestive disorders
- Mental-emotional disorders.
- California State Board Licensed Acupuncturist (L.Ac)
- California State Board Licensed Herbalist (L.Ac)
- Sports Medicine Acupuncture Certification Program (In progress)
- Pacific College of Oriental Medicine – San Diego, CA
- Doctor of Acupuncture & Oriental Medicine (DACM)
- Master of Science Traditional Oriental Medicine (MSTOM)
- University of California, Santa Cruz – Santa Cruz, CA
- Bachelor of Arts & Sciences (BA): Cultural Anthropology with and emphasis in Medical Anthropology
- San Diego Mesa College – San Diego, CA
- Associates Degree: Cultural Anthropology