Providing integrative medicine that emphasizes the patient-provider partnership and encourages patients to take an active role in their healthcare.
The Center for Health & Wellbeing is San Diego’s premier integrative medical practice bridging the gap between conventional medicine and alternative therapies and providing patients with unique healing partnerships that foster the achievement of optimal health & wellness in a convenient and relaxed setting.
Our Core Values
- A Healing Environment
- A Caring Team of Professionals
- A Partner in your Optimal Health
- The Quality of Care you Deserve
Philosophy & Principles
The Integrative Medicine Philosophy
Integrative Medicine holistically embraces conventional medicine and complementary therapies that are based in science. It focuses on the whole person – body, mind, and spirit – with a strong emphasis on the patient/provider partnership. The integrative philosophy believes that health is more than the absence of disease, a person is more that their symptoms, healing requires a whole-person approach and empowered patients make long-term and lasting changes that support healing and optimum health.
Ten Principles of Patient Care
- First do no harm; utilize the most natural, least invasive, and least toxic treatment possible.
- Identify and treat the cause; use the symptoms of disease as clues to identify and treat the underlying causes of illness.
- The healing powers of nature; embrace the body’s inherent ability to heal itself.
- Treat the whole person; approach the body as an integrated whole which includes mind, body, and spirit.
- Doctor as partner; collaborate with your patients, help guide them and personalize their journey to optimal health.
- Doctor as teacher; educate patient on lifestyle changes to achieve and maintain optimal health.
- Prevention; focus on promoting health & wellness now as a way of preventing disease later.
- Patient centered healing; personalize care because it’s about the patient!
- Create a healing environment; provide a calm sanctuary for the patient that both heals and models a healing environment that assists optimal health & wellbeing.
- Embody a caring approach; treat the patient in a loving way which in itself is a very powerful healing force.
Convenient, Affordable and Compassionate
It is our goal of to provide you with the most convenient, affordable and compassionate, physician-guided integrative medicine available. To accomplish this we hire only the most qualified and caring practitioners and accept a wide variety of medical insurance plans. We are also committed to keeping our prices reasonable for the under-insured and non-insured patients.
The Center for Health & Wellbeing has been a pioneering model for integrative medical practices not just in San Diego, but across the Western United States. Our physicians and practitioners are committed to furthering the integration of complementary and alternative care into the mainstream medicine.
Unique, Friendly Office
We have intentionally created a healing environment that is casually welcoming. We think you’ll enjoy our friendly and courteous staff, our attractive surroundings, soothing music and Lola, our friendly office dog.
As an organization, CHWB, makes it an intrinsic part of its materials and methodologies to incorporate ecologically sound materials and methodologies and to embrace the green ideal of “sustainability”- commonly defined as meeting current economic, social, and cultural needs without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their needs.
Electronic Medical Records
CHWB is one of only about 10% of the medical offices in the U.S. that have invested in electronic medical records. Our highly advanced medical records system allows each of our practitioners to view your chart and interact with one another regarding your care. This streamlines your care and keeps your treatment plan on track.
Professional and Community Affiliations
The Center for Health & Wellbeing prides itself in being an involved, connected, and supportive member of the San Diego Community with a wide variety of membership affiliations, partnerships, volunteer activities, and financial sponsorships.
- Member California Medical Association
- Member SD County Medical Association
- Member American Medical Association
- Member Greater San Diego Business Association
- Member Hillcrest Association
- Member University Club
- San Diego Pride Sponsor
- Member KPBS
- Member ITEX
- Supporter Shakti Rising
- Supporter Mission Valley YMCA
- Supporter San Diego Elderhelp
- Supporter San Diego Women’s Foundation
- Greater San Diego Business Association (GSBDA)
- San Diego Employers Association
“Imagine being excited to see your Doctor because you know you will learn new ways to heal. That’s what I feel every time I see Dr. Adam Silberman. His passion and positivity inspire me to make lifestyle changes. He put me on a natural blood sugar supplement and my blood sugar numbers came down dramatically. I am managing my diabetes better than ever under Dr Silberman’s guidance. If you are lucky enough to find your way to Dr Silberman, congratulations. You’re on your way to better health.”
“I am delighted to have discovered this wonderful clinic! The doctors & healthcare givers here provide the best of care in both western & alternative medicine, including acupuncture, massage & chiropractic….all in a warm, friendly & comfortable environment.
All with whom I have consulted (3) are open & knowledgeable, with excellent listening skills. I can not recommend this center highly enough.”
“This is my favorite place the get medical attention. Dr. Humiston doesn’t just treat you symptomatically. He treats you holistically. His treatments changed my life. I feel healthier than I did in my teens and twenties. I have high levels of energy, I sleep well, and I don’t feel depressed or have anxiety attacks anymore. He spends quality time working to find the best approach to helping you. He’s genuine and it’s obvious he cares. So if I have to wait a little longer, I’m okay with that since I know he is devoting himself to another patient the same way he will me.”
“When I moved to San Diego more than 10 years ago, one of the first things I tried to find was an integrative medicine practice and I definitely lucked out with CHWB. Dr. Gray always has an accomplished team of practitioners!
You can tell from the minute you walk in this place is top notch. Zee and the rest of the staff always make me feel as if i’m visiting family!”
“I have been a patient of Dr. Grays for many years and can’t say enough great things about her. Very compassionate and caring.”
“This practice offers both traditional medicine and natural medicine. I see Leslie Karr, FNP who brings a functional medicine style, and has a compassionate approach. She helped me with hormone balance, thyroid balance and nutrition, as well as epigenetics! This practice offers it all! Definitely recommend!!”
“I currently went for neck and back pain that I had from an accident and saw Dr. Corey. I left feeling great, both my back & neck stopped hurting.
Ana and the Manager Zee were a big help, they assisted me with all the paperwork that had to be done and attended to me the entire time I was there. Most definitely would go back!”